Nash Gallery, Dubuque, IA, is seeking artist submissions for a holiday trunk sale fundraiser for the gallery to be held Friday-Sunday, November 29-December 1, 2013. All 2D & 3D fine art will be accepted. Live music will be held at 3 p.m. Saturday.
- The Nash Gallery committee will select work for the sale
- Fine art (not crafts) will be selected
- All pieces must be priced to sell; price modestly with the intent to sell all submitted pieces
- Any number of pieces may be submitted for consideration. Online digital submission is preferred, but hardcopyor CD’s may be submitted to the address above (include SASE if you want them returned)
- Email digital submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Trunk Sale – Your Name” in the subject line. Size yourJPEG images to 300 dpi resolution, 4×6” image size approximately. Do not imbed the images in a Worddocument
- Each image must be clearly marked with artist’s name, title, medium, and a retail price
- Artists must provide display/browsing solution – limited table and wall space will be provided
- 2D work must be framed or ready to hang
- 3D work must be manageable in size and able to stand alone
- Artist is responsible for delivery and pick up of their work
- November 10, 2012 – Entries Due
- November 17, 2013 (or earlier) – Notifications
- November 24, 2013, 3:00-9:00 p.m. – Delivery of Work / Signing Contracts
*Pieces must be labeled with your name, title, medium, and retail price; work must be browse-ready.
- Nov. 29-Dec. 1, 2013, 10:00-6:00 p.m. Trunk Sale
- December 8, 3:00-9:00 p.m. Pick Up Unsold Work
Unlike regular exhibition sales, because this is a fundraiser, all work will be subject to an 80% commission for the gallery. The work submitted will be sold at modest prices. Nash Gallery will take care of sales and sending artists checks. By submitting pieces to the trunk sale, you are agreeing to these sales conditions. Contracts will be signed upon delivery of work.
The sale will be marketed through the use of posters, handout postcards, local/area publications (365ink, TH, Julien’s Journal, etc.), direct email marketing, and Facebook. Digital submission images will be used for this.